You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Because of the tremendous durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a wide variety of situations. One great example of the range of plastic cards is the technology that can be added to them. Stripes and chips enable many new applications.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- A Commitment To The Environment
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- Plastic cards are actually a good thing for the environment!
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For competitive pricing and more information on custom plastic cards, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and making sure you find the right one for the job requires a careful examination of your needs.
We want to help you find the right printer at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Trust our experts for knowledgeable support before, during and after you make your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t have to be an overwhelming prospect. Instead, you can focus on these key factors to narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. Dual sided card printers will save you a considerable amount of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the simpler and more affordable option.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer or re-transfer printers use a ribbon and transfer film to produce higher-quality results with better color bleed and no white border on the cards. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
Less expensive methods that add visual security include watermarks, holographic cardstock and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All card printers can be connected directly to a PC using a USB cable.
Make sure that you choose a printer with Mac compatibility if you need to connect to a Mac. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a very strong type of plastic that is well-suited to the creation of all sorts of cards. The credit and bank cards you carry are very likely made from it. A PVC card printer, therefore, can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is the term use for color PVC card printers. For the same method used for black and white printing, the process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordably priced color plastic card printer available today.
It's not necessary to have a dual-sided printer in order to be able to print on both sides of a card.
Instead, you can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to run it through to print on the back.
It's a bit more work, but it saves a considerable amount of money and is a good choice for smaller businesses that only need to print a few cards here and there.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Whether you need a single card or a whole batch of them, you can print them up just as you need them. Saving Time
The Badgy200 has a consistent output of 95 color cards every single hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
With the Badgy200 printer you can generate professional quality personalized plastic cards, featuring edge-to-edge printing, and giving your organization’s brand image greater exposure.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded and retrieved through a simple hopper that is located right on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite lets you control your printer from your computer and receive notifications and status updates. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
CONVENIENTLY SIZED! The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard sheet of paper, making it fit easily into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- The Badgy Printer allows you to print your own customized badges in full color whenever you want to. This solution allows for the instant creation of customized secure cards for a wide range of applications.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile print system is a breeze to install, and is used the same way as any ordinary office printer.
- It has a very lightweight and compact design that easily fits into nearly any office workspace imaginable.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200, designed to help you print professional-quality color badges easily and affordably.
- Badgy200 is perfect for graphic personalization and rapid card creation, either in singles or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can use it to design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- You can control all aspects of the printing process from a computer using Badgy Premium Suite.
- Printer management and configuration tool with notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power cable and power supply
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is cost-effective and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This has proven to be a full, all-in-one solution, that, even though it is somewhat out of the box, it’s still great for beginners.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online template library
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and a USB and power connection at the back.
Additionally, an LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost-effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy can also print barcodes which can be scanned.
Your card printing costs will fit into your budget easily, whether you’re printing one card or a hundred.
You’ll use far less power by resting in hibernation mode whenever the printer is out of use.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
With a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour, this printer is incredibly fast!
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges